click on the date highlighted
How to Prepare for Exam
Page 1 of 1
|1.||How can you minimize Negative Marks?|
|Every candidate should be more concerned about Negative marks. Negative marks in PSC exams are awarded to each and every wrong answer, which comes 0.35 marks for each wrong answer.
• Analyze the Question paper in advance by referring previous question papers. This helps to get a clear picture of the type of questions in each section. For this, previous question papers would help you in knowing the pattern
• Practice is the only key to reach the success. You have to complete 100 questions in 1.15 hours, it’s necessary for the candidates to figure out short-cut methods, easy problem solving skills in Mathematics and Mental Ability Test. So that precious time could be saved.
• Prepare short notes of your preparations, formulas, important theorems etc, so you can refer to it during the last minute preparation rather than reading the books.
• Be cool & calm while writing the exam. Getting tensed on an unknown question or hurrying to complete the exam soon, it will contribute to negative marks.
• Answer the questions that you are confident of being correct, rather than getting stuck with a question & wasting time trying to answer it.
• Do not guess until you are very sure about the answer. Guessing can drastically reduce the marks.
|2.||How to prepate for LDC exams?|
|Due to the secured nature of government jobs, many people are looking for careers in public sector. This is the first entry point for starting a career in public sector.
Candidates will have to answer 100 questions within 1.15 hours.
·50 Marks for General Knowledge & Current Affairs.
·20 Marks for Mathematics & Mental Ability
·20 Marks for English
·10 Marks for Malayalam
Ø Allocate maximum time for preparing Mathematics & Mental Ability sections. Similarly, focus more on these sections during the test, as they are prone to confuse you often.
Ø General Knowledge & Current Affairs have to study thoroughly it will help to save time. Read newspapers with special focus on current affairs.
Ø Do not guess blindly as there is negative mark for each wrong answer. It comes 0.33 for each wrong answer.
Ø Time Management is the most needed skill to answer all the questions in time.
Ø Do not erase or overwrite frequently. Since the OMR sheets are read by computers, any improper erasing marks will be calculated as wrong answers, will lead you to get negative marks.
Ø Working on previous year question papers will help you to develop speed, time allocation & understanding the type of questions asked.
Ø Try to attending mock tests using sample PSC exam question papers, which will help you to decide to calculate of time needed to answer each question.